FUN FACT November is my least favourite month of the year for all kinds of reasons, and by the end of this month I’m usually pretty worn down and exhausted (this year being no exception, as the quality of my vocal production in this episode demonstrates). But in this episode, instead of telling you how tired I am, I’m going to tell you about something that I use to nourish my weary self and make sure I’m spending time NOT working. And while we’re at it, Kaarina is bringing you extra cozy vibes and reminding you to stay warm! Links!
- First off, here’s the great article I referenced about how women are driving the Dungeons & Dragons renaissance
- And while we’re at it, here’s a lovely piece an old friend of mine wrote about D&D and female empowerment
- There’s a ton of stuff out there about how great The Adventure Zone is, but I particularly like this article about how the podcast became great by listening to its fans
- And I need to give a shout-out to Critical Role as well, which is great and women-centric and I’ve just noticed that almost all of my links are to articles on The Mary Sue which isn’t that surprising but anyway here’s an interview with the women who make the show!
- Oh, and if you’re interested in women in the world tabletop RPGs, you definitely need to listen to Behold Her
- Read this profile of N.K. Jemisin, that begins with the line “I’m writing about dragons as a black woman, and it’s fucking political” and keeps getting better from there!
The podcast theme song is “Mesh Shirt” by Mom Jeans off their album “Chub Rub.” Listen to the whole album here or learn more about them here. Follow me @hkpmcgregor, follow Kaarina @kaarinasaurus, and tweet about the podcast using #SecretFeministAgenda.
Secret Feminist Agenda is recorded and produced by Hannah McGregor on the traditional and unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.