Hey! Let’s talk about gentle men (not gentlemen) and how they’re subverting patriarchal expectations of masculinity and creating a wider range of possibilities for masculine-type-folks! Here are some links!
- First, in praise of tender masculinity
- Second, a video about how great Karamo Brown is
- Third, that final scene in Moonlight where Kevin strokes Chiron’s head
- Fourth, the episode of Judge John Hodgman I mention
- Fifth, Vivek Shraya’s new book I’m Afraid of Men
- Sixth, and last, an interview with Terry Crews who should absolutely have been in this episode about the cult of toxic masculinity
Download Episode / Read Transcription
The podcast theme song is “Mesh Shirt” by Mom Jeans off their album “Chub Rub.” Listen to the whole album here or learn more about them here. Follow me @hkpmcgregor, follow Kaarina @kaarinasaurus, and tweet about the podcast using #SecretFeministAgenda.
Secret Feminist Agenda is recorded on the traditional and unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.
6 thoughts on “Episode 2.25 Soft Bois aka Tender Masculinity”
Have you seen Hannah Gadsby’s Nanette ? If not , highly recommend And would love to hear your thoughts about It. Thank you for producing amazing and informative content , have a great day 😄
Pingback: Secret Feminist Agenda — a treasured item in my 'feminist killjoy survival kit' - Non Perele - News Online
Pingback: Secret Feminist Agenda — a treasured item in my 'feminist killjoy survival kit' - PodcastNews
Pingback: Learning Home
Pingback: The treasured podcast I keep in my 'feminist killjoy survival kit' - PodcastNews
Pingback: Secret Feminist Agenda: The treasured podcast I keep in my 'feminist killjoy survival kit'