Hey! Let’s talk about gentle men (not gentlemen) and how they’re subverting patriarchal expectations of masculinity and creating a wider range of possibilities for masculine-type-folks! Here are some links!
- First, in praise of tender masculinity
- Second, a video about how great Karamo Brown is
- Third, that final scene in Moonlight where Kevin strokes Chiron’s head
- Fourth, the episode of Judge John Hodgman I mention
- Fifth, Vivek Shraya’s new book I’m Afraid of Men
- Sixth, and last, an interview with Terry Crews who should absolutely have been in this episode about the cult of toxic masculinity
The podcast theme song is “Mesh Shirt” by Mom Jeans off their album “Chub Rub.” Listen to the whole album here or learn more about them here. Follow me @hkpmcgregor, follow Kaarina @kaarinasaurus, and tweet about the podcast using #SecretFeministAgenda.
Secret Feminist Agenda is recorded on the traditional and unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.