Last week I went to Iron Dog Books after hours to hang out with co-owner Hilary Atleo and talk about settler-colonial mind-fucks, problematic favs, the pleasures of queer feminist sci-fi, why cities thrive on independent arts businesses, and whether or not grapefruits have gotten sweeter. Here are some links!
- If you want to learn more about Iron Dog Books you can find them on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- For more on Wet’suwet’en, read this fabulous list of resources put together by genius and poet Samantha Marie Nock.
- Here are some links about authors that may or may not be problematic or, as I say way too many times in this episode (I was clearly in a literal #mood), “trash”:
- Here’s a little bit more context on property tax relief for small businesses
- And here’s the Allusionist episode on Apples!
- And finally, the links to Hilary’s book recommendations:
The podcast theme song is “Mesh Shirt” by Mom Jeans off their album “Chub Rub.” Listen to the whole album here or learn more about them here. Hilary’s theme song was “North Side Gal” by J.D. McPherson.
Secret Feminist Agenda is recorded and produced by Hannah McGregor on the traditional and unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.