This week I’m announcing a wee hiatus as I regather my resources to finish up season four. I’m also talking about what it might look like for us to collectively reject civility and instead become a hoard of demon bitches for justice. Also here are some links:
- For the millionth time I’m recommending the Sandy and Nora Talk Politics podcast, but also recommending that you keep on eye out for Alicia’s Elliott‘s new podcast Why Tho?
- The title of this episode comes from a line in Lindy West’s book The Witches Are Coming
- Here’s some context on Jagmeet Singh being kicked out of the House of Commons for calling another MP racist
- And just a few more links, to what I’m reading right now:
- “Radical Care: Survival Strategies for Uncertain Times” by Hi‘ilei Julia Kawehipuaakahaopulani Hobart and Tamara Kneese
- “Racism is Everyday, Every Day” by Jarrett Hill
- “Racism Is Terrible. Blackness Is Not.” by Imani Perry
The podcast theme song is “Mesh Shirt” by Mom Jeans off their album “Chub Rub.” Listen to the whole album here or learn more about them here. Follow me @hkpmcgregor and tweet about the podcast using #SecretFeministAgenda. Want to email me about your killjoy survival kit? Send it to secretfeministagenda(at)gmail(dot)com.
Secret Feminist Agenda is recorded and produced by Hannah McGregor on the traditional and unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.