With apologies for its tardiness, I present to you the first interview of season four, and this one’s a doozy. I’m talking to rad queer fat genius, sex & relationship coach, and pleasure advocate Dawn Serra about shame, vulnerability, pleasure, boundaries, joy, imagining radical futures, and so much more. This conversation broke open my brain, and I hope it does the same thing for you! Here are some links!
- You definitely want to know more about Dawn, so you should check out her website, her instagram, and her podcast Sex Gets Real. And if you’re feeling inspired to continue these conversations about pleasure, desire, and joy, check out Dawn’s upcoming course, enrolling for October.
- Dawn talked about Tricia Hersey’s Nap Ministry, which you can read more about here!
- Here’s a great summary of Kate Kenfield’s concept of being a “beacon of permission.”
- We learned about a lot of Browns in this episode, specifically Brené Brown, Stuart Brown, and adrienne maree brown.
- Dawn also recommended Mia Mingus’s story “Hollow” from the anthology Octavia’s Brood. Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha is in that anthology, too, and you already know I’m a massive fan of their work!
- Finally, and only slightly off-topic, you can learn more about The Adventure Zone and its graphic novel adaptations here.
The podcast theme song is “Mesh Shirt” by Mom Jeans off their album “Chub Rub.” Listen to the whole album here or learn more about them here. Dawn’s theme song was “Exposure Kills” by Miss Eaves.
Secret Feminist Agenda is recorded and produced by Hannah McGregor on the traditional and unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.
2 thoughts on “Episode 4.2 Dreaming Big Wild Worlds with Dawn Serra”
Pingback: Sex Gets Real 276: Attachment styles, cheating, & experimenting - Sex Gets Real
Pingback: Episode 4.10 Our Categories of Knowledge Suck with Tina Sikka | Secret Feminist Agenda